Summer Sessions : Creating the perfect drink for a Summer’s day : 27th July 2019 SIX PLACES
Our Wildcrafted Cocktail Courses are designed to get you outdoors and thinking outside the box. The courses are led by Eilidh, owner of Out-There Artisan and is an action-packed day filled with foraging, preparation of ingredients, creating cordials and syrups, designing and making a recipe for a cocktail and most importantly tasting your creations.
All your ingredients will be sustainably foraged from around the course venue. Depending on the season, we will find what nature has to offer. You are more than welcome to bring produce or flowers from your garden to include in your cocktail. We will also provide fresh fruit and veg for you to use and compliment your drink.
Your Wildcrafted Day
- Start with nearby foraging trip to gather ingredients and garnish
- On return to base we will have a wee tipple to get your creative juices flowing and start the preparation of your ingredients.
- Make cordials and syrups for your cocktail recipes.
- Break for lunch and allow infusion time for cordials and syrups.
- Filtering, bottling and labelling of your cordials
- Preparation of garnish for your drinks.
- Further cocktail creations and recipe writing.
- Presentation of your creations
- Lastly and most importantly - the taste test !
(There will be tasty tipple mixed with your creations made for you to enjoy while you relax and reflect on your day.)
Our courses are mainly held outside so we recommend wearing appropriate clothing and footwear. Our foraging walks are not particularly strenuous or challenging. Please let us know of any disabilities and we will make sure to accommodate you.
All you need to bring with you is a packed lunch and your creative mind. All hot drinks are provided.
Please let us know of any allergies and intolerances prior to the course. As we are working with natures produce we cannot guarantee that it has not come into contact with any specific allergens. As there will be alcohol involved the course has a minimum age of 18 years.
We gather up at 9.30 for a cuppa, meet the others and get started by 10, working through til about 5. If you need suggestions for accommodation see here .
Venue Address : Buy Design Gallery, Harestanes Visitor Centre, by Ancrum, Jedburgh,